Sunday, December 30, 2007

Finally!

Today's Mileage: 14.31 Miles
Days until the Marathon:
2 weeks!

I am happy to finally be able to put a positive entry into this blog. . . today's run was a good positive 14.31 miles. We took a walk break after an hour and then again at mile 11. . . we had to walk around mile 12 because my ankle was bothering me, but I walked it off and made it the rest of the way. Although tired at the end, I could squeeze out another 12 miles for the marathon. I only hope I feel this good 2 weeks from today.

It's also exciting to know that 2 weeks from this very moment it will all be over. . . and I'll be sipping Sangria from Spoodles at Disney's Boardwalk Resort. However, it won't be totally over- today's run brought about the conversation of the next marathons I'll run. I hope to run three marathons in 2008- the Disney World Marathon, the Holyoke Marathon, and either the Hartford or Steamtown in October. Yes, I know I haven't tackled my first one, but this is just the beginning of my quest to run a marathon in every state. In 2008 I can run Florida, Massachusetts, and either Pennsylvania or Connecticut. Maybe that will be my new years resolution- to run at least 3 marathons in 3 different states. . . who knows. . . for now I am just happy we had a good run!

Enjoy the snow storm!

No comments: