Saturday, January 19, 2008

Post-marathon run

Dad and I went out for my first post-marathon run today. I was very much looking forward to this run as I missed running this week. It was great to lace up my shoes again and step outside and be greeted by the cool, crisp mid-winter air. I figured it'd be an easy run today with a nice flat course, but apparently dad had something else in mind. I think he knew that I wanted to push it a bit and so up Hart Street we ran and did a couple more hills. We ended up doing 5.6 miles and it probably would have been more but I wanted to be done because my legs were getting tired because of the hills. I get a rest tomorrow because dad is working. I could go out running, but I want a day where I can do nothing. . . although maybe I'll decide in the morning to go for a run.

AJ and I are also heading back to the gym this week in the mornings. I plan to use this time to work on my core and gain a little upper-body muscle. My core is weak and it really affected my posture during the later miles in the marathon. I will work my abs hard and work my arms so they aren't as sore later in the runs. I will also use the days to get 5 miles in when it is too cold at night to run that far. Although I hate treadmills, miles are miles and I'll have to deal with running in place for that long. I have a lot of work to do and my training started today. The goal for the Holyoke Marathon the first weekend in May is 4 hours and 20 minutes.

In other news- 161 days until our wedding!

No comments: